Wednesday, April 29, 2009

How do I keep a potted marigold alive?

My son gave me a potted marigold for Mother's Day which (a) was jumbled a bit on the school bus and (b) is suffering from my lack of "green thumb". What should I do to take care of it? What kind of sun does it need? How much? How much water?

How do I keep a potted marigold alive?
Marigolds are pretty hardy. I would give it some plant food and maybe change the pot so it is bigger. I kept mine in direct sunlight and they did fine especially with the food and lots of water. They need more than most, just make sure it is in the sun so it can process it. What a sweet thing for your son to do. Mine, assumably a lot older than yours, gave me tickets to Chippendale's show tonight. Yes, I'm single. Good luck!!


No comments:

Post a Comment