Monday, May 11, 2009

I just planted marigold flowers around my house. How often should I water them?

Caring for marigolds is covered on this site.





http://gardening.yardener.com/YardenersP...

I just planted marigold flowers around my house. How often should I water them?
this depends on rain and did you water the hole before planting marigolds will droop when they need water as most plants do water once a week for now and water in the pm when the sun is down plants that are flowering require more water than plants that have not bloomed yet and remember to dead head them and place the flowers in a cool dry place to use for next season
Reply:Marigolds are very hardy plants. I save seed and re-plant seedlings yearly. Since they are in the ground, they will need less water than those in containers. Depending on the amount of rain you get in your area, you may want to water them every 2 or 3 days, depending on the heat and sunlight. If you see their leaves wilting down during the day, you know it's time for a thorough watering. They will perk right back up within an hour or so after watering.


No comments:

Post a Comment