Saturday, May 22, 2010

Grwoing perrenials from seeds?

Dear Fellow Gardeners,





I've planted some marigolds in a pot and now wondering if it needs to be kept in dark (garage or basement). I saw it grows in the sun so I have the pots on the deck. Please advise if I need to move these inside before damaging them. Also, any suggestion for fertilizers?

Grwoing perrenials from seeds?
I don't think Marigolds are perennials. They may self seed if the flowers fall to the ground after browning. But I've never heard of a perennial marigold in zone 6 or under.


However, if you pull the flowers, once they are finished their bloom cycle, you can get hundreds of seeds from them and replant in the spring.
Reply:Keep them in the sun. Just make sure they don't freeze before germination. Do that and keep 'em watered, you should see them come up in 3-6 weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment