Sunday, May 16, 2010

What causes the leaves of my flowers and hostas to become lacey looking?

Many of my annuals and perrenials leave's suddenly have a lacey, holey appearance, not as if a rabbit or other varmint is eating it, but maybe a bug or fungus. Also, some of the flowers, especially the marigolds it seems are almost disentagrating like the leaves. What causes this and how do I end it? I am worried I will lose all the money I have invested in these flowers!

What causes the leaves of my flowers and hostas to become lacey looking?
Sounds like inchworms (a type of caterpillar). You can spray or dust them with a bug killer like Sevin. If you want a more organic solution go to your favorite L%26amp;G Center and ask for something with Bt in it. It causes a disease only in the caterpillars and is hamless to people and mammals and other animals.
Reply:Spray them throughly with water with a few drops of dish detergent in it. You have insects damaging your flowers. Trim off the worst of damage so the plants have the strength to keep growing. Good luck


No comments:

Post a Comment