Sunday, May 16, 2010

Planting vinca burgundy and french marigolds in va.?

It is 49 and cloudy today. Tomorrow there will be a high of 59 but still cloudy. I bought these flowers yesterday and am just wondering if I should wait until tomorrow to put them in the ground or until an even warmer day. If so, should I store them inside my house or leave them outside on the covered porch? I am new to gardening. Thank you in advance.

Planting vinca burgundy and french marigolds in va.?
We find that vinca's don't do well if put in the ground when it is still cool. They really are a hot weather plant and very tough but they are susceptible to damping off if put in the ground too soon. You really want 60 degree nights and 80 degree days before you should consider planting them.


No comments:

Post a Comment